

In the front row (right to left): Bianca, Bob, Terry and his lovely wife
Yip it's true. The stereotypical cowboy outfit looks great on a guy, and pretty good on ladies too. The Calgary Stampede started last Friday with great energy and fun. I haven't gone to any rodeos or the stampede stadium but the whole city is invigorated. Most people are dressing to theme with cowboy hats and boots even when they're nowhere near the stampede. Downtown is great too. I found myself down there today to do some shopping and found free breakfasts, dances, musicians, costumed mooses, cowboys, etc. On Friday I went to the opening parade which was a long procession of various communities in and around Calgary, including cowboys and cowgirls, mounties, first nations, drum majorettes, marching bands, bag pipes and weird ensembles such as Alberta Work Safe! It was great fun. Over 700 horses were featured in the parade. Here are a few photos though they don't do it justice. Unfortunately my camera batteries died before we were too far in. Tomorrow I go to the real stampede stadium with my flatmates. I'll hopefully get more interesting photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment