Sunday, April 19, 2009

my weekend

I had a great weekend eating Turkish food, dancing wildly, drinking too much, belly dancing (in my first show in Canada) and biking along the Bow River for the first time this year. It also involved rushing, shopping, waiting, taking the wrong bus and losing stuff. This is what happens when you try to do too much!

the beginner belly babes (haha!)

I've heard belly dancers says that belly dancing is a sensual rather than sexual art. I think that perspective may depend on your gender. However, it's definitely NOT a striptease, or anything remotely as overt as most pop-videos on tv. I must admit that I think belly dancing is very beautiful and extremely girly. I simply can't imagine guys enjoying it much, except when they have the pleasure of watching a beautiful woman and/or an exceptional dancer. But that's ok, who cares if only women enjoy it! I think it's great to see women of all ages dressing up, dancing, having fun, bonding, etc. I have read that the origins of belly dancing was as a form of socialising and entertainment for women only anyway.

International Geomatics Geeks

What was great about this dinner party was that only 9 people represented 7 countries, none of which being Canada!

2 comments:

Sid said...

Your hair ... The streaks are out and it's longer. Looks like you're having fun and that you've made lots of friends.

TLT said...

Yeh, finally I have a life here. It's not easy when you're a grad student.