Thursday, January 17, 2008

Friendly traffic

This is the first train station stop in Downtown. I stopped here to get my health insurance. This is a pretty trendy street and as you go further up it gets prettier.

The traffic here is quite amazing. Pedestrians always wait until the "green" man flashes before crossing. When pedestrians get a green man for crossing, cars turning left will wait at the intersection for you to cross! It's not even necessary to look left or right! Traffic also always stops at pedestrian crossings if someone is there or even approaching it. It's very polite and non-agressive. I like it this way.

2 comments:

Erika said...

It is very nice to cross the road without fear of bcoming road-kill :)
Looks so clean pleasant.

Sid said...

Ah ... she'll come back to SA complaining about how everything is so backwards here. Guys I think we've lost her. Tis a shame. Tracy was really a nice down to earth type.